Monday, June 4, 2007

Come on Down!

The best part about CMA Music Festival to me is getting to meet all the XM listeners who come to town. Like Mark and Cindy from Barrie, Ontario, Canada - who DROVE down to Nashville, listening to Highway 16 the whole way. Can you imagine THAT drive without XM? No thanks!


Mark and Cindy came in while Jon was on the air live, so he put them on the radio! That's the great thing about having studios at the Country Music Hall of Fame & Museum - you can just knock on the glass and meet your favorite DJ. Tonight I met a bunch more listeners at the Ryman Auditorium, where we broadcast the IFCO show. I always like to ask people what their favorite XM channel is, and tonight the predominant answer was "Willie's Place!"


Tomorrow night it's my favorite event of the week - Chely Wright's 7th Annual Reading, Writing & Rhythm Benefit Concert - hear it LiVE from the Wildhorse Saloon on Highway 16 at 9pm Eastern!


- Joyce Rizer

2 comments:

sandi said...

I'm so sad I'm missing Chely's benefit--it's my favorite too! :(

Mark said...

Hi Jon
Cindy and I just got back to the hotel after the great Chely Wright Benefit. It was great seeing and chatting with yourself and all the great folks from XM. I am sure we will see you all over the next bunch of days. In the last 4 day it has been very eventful for us we rescued a dog left in a car at the opry Mall, Cindy connected with some Canadian artist that are performing at LP stadium and some great up and coming talent at the global artist party, and of course to meet the guy I spend every morning with you guys just rock. Keep up the great work. Your new Canadian Friends Mark and Cindy