Friday, June 8, 2007

Is it hot enough for ya?

Well, as expected, it was hotter than H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS yesterday! I think we got up to 94, but the crowd was so “cool” about it (not the last pun you’ll hear from me!). Everyone was smiling and dancing and having a great time. At least that’s what they seemed to be doing when I saw them!

After I got “off air”, I made my way down to the Crisco Family Zone (passing hundreds of XM goodie bags left and right) and the place was crawling with kids (as to be expected) and mine was one of them. Teddy (my 22-month-old) loved the balloons and the music!! We sat under the white tents, sipping freshly squeezed lemonade and taking in some great country music. It was “Safety Day,” so while he was entertaining himself with my straw, I was having fun watching the police fitting people with “beer goggles” and simulating sobriety tests. What wasn’t funny was witnessing, first hand, the effect that alcohol can have and knowing that there are still people who get behind the wheel after they’ve had “a few”. Hopefully, some of “those people” learned a lesson today. It was quite sobering (told you there’d be more puns!) Nature called on Teddy and I took that as a sign from above that it was time to move on. It was getting late and he was a little cranky. It’s not fun hanging out with him unless he’s having fun, so we left.

A friend of mine is coming to town tomorrow (Friday) with her 1 year old. I think we’ll head down to Hall of Fame Park for more live music and story time with Beverly Mitchell (7th Heaven and now a recording artist) between 1 and 2. As if the kids will sit still for it! Yeah right!!!

What a great event!!! I’m so happy that I can experience it with my family. If you’re not here, try to come down next year and bring the rest of the gang. There’s plenty for everyone to do.

See ya!

Amy

No comments: